Monday, June 4, 2007

This is Life !


I was hardly able to get any sleep in the night. Guessing it would be close to 45 minutes or so.

Why ? Partly I have to blame the god-forsaken Siesta on Sunday afternoon after my Mom prepared Chingri (Shrimp) curry and Pulao (Sweet Rice with Cashewnuts and raisins) ahhhhhhh !!!! Post such a delightful lunch, I had the misfortune of reading a pretty dense article from Harvard Business Review on measuring corporate Performance. Little did I know that Shrimp's and Performance Management just don't mix together !!!

Nevertheless, I was quite drowsy when I woke up. The Gujjars are creating a ruckus in Delhi and Gurgaon. I somehow reached Gurgaon (mah office) in an hour flat ! that's close to 40 Kilometres one way ! ......

Can't help imagining the sorry state of India these days....Those were the days when people look down the SC/ST's and the OBC etc etc. These days they are way way ahead of all of us. Having this tag guarantees you government benefits in education, work life and life in general. Its a much sought-after-tag these days. I am not even getting into painting this topic with my personal views.

Indian Education is in a mess as it always have been. And its going to get worse as I foresee it in the future. IQ doesn't guarantee you success in life and neither does this OBC, SC/ST tag. When will people start seeing the bigger picture I wonder.

At the end of it, it has to be a fight. A fight for education, a fight to get your first job break, a fight to get a movie ticket so that my family can be entertained in all this maddening rush.....Why does logic leave us when its needed the most ? Isn't Logic a natural outcome within any education system anywhere in the world ?

I am so bloody confused with all this stupidity I see around me that I wish I wasn't born on this planet in the first place . God sure has a delightful sense of humour. The most intelligent race on this planet is also the most stupidest of them all. He is sure having the last laugh. He gave us intelligence and the power of self-introspection but he also made each one of us a unique in our own way. We still have a lot to learn.... A LOT TO LEARN......

No comments: